Monday, September 27, 2010

“Rally to Restore Sanity” possible signs

Not much of post here. But reading some of the ideas other people had for signs they will or would carry to the Jon Stewart "Rally to Restore Sanity," I had a minor brainstorm of several signs I might carry... or vend, hmmmm. I won't be making it to DC. That's probably for the best as I would be too ambivalent to choose ONE sign. Some are funny. Some are serious. Some might be both.

Signs suggested by The Daily Show:
-I DISAGREE With you, But I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler
-GOT COMPETENCE?
-9/11 WAS AN OUTSIDE JOB
-LEGALIZE POT

What sign would like to see? Or maybe if you're reading this after the rally, what sign did you like seeing? Here are some of my ideas. Be forewarned, many lean to the left... a bit.

-I was mad ’til I checked the facts.
-No foxnews is good news
-Boycott fear mongers (network logos?)
-“When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” — Sinclair Lewis (?)
-I was mad ’til I stopped watching the news.
-The old deities aren’t working, let’s make (or make up) some new ones.
-I can no longer decide who is more wrong.
-”…the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion…” Treaty of Tripoli 1797
-Willful ignorance is still ignorance
-Wishful thinking is the substance of things hoped for
-It is only by faith that we may be fooled
-Keep Jefferson in the text books
-Texas School Board, America is ashamed of you
-Stop shouting… um, please?
-GOD HATES CRABS (leviticus 11:12)
-Speak up, just a little.
-No Pot? No Tea Party.
-Want to lose my vote? Try to scare me.
-I have unqualified unreasonable belief in you.
-Remind me what you mean by “fact.”
-Hey Mister, you forgot your sign.
-He was all like “Yahweh!” and I was like “No way.”
-He who is least of my brothers doesn’t have a lobby.
-It's time for Congressional Turnover, or Apple
-Who do you have to blow to get press credentials?
-I can’t picture mohamed here. Can you draw him?
(alternative)
-DRAW ~blank vertical space~ MOHAMED
-Are ya gettin’ this, camera guy?
-Thanks to Bush I can watch foxnews 24/7
-Thanks to Bush I didn’t have to miss work today.
-No reasonable person ever called me “heathen”
-Without fear and anger how will I rant?
-Prayer not working? Sacrifice a goat… or kid.

Some aren't really in the "Take it down a notch for America" theme. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment